WRITING YOUR FUTURE
One of the more steady and lucrative options out there for work at home moms with professional backgrounds involves writing for a living.
Freelance writers are in high demand in just about every field imaginable. As more companies take their businesses online, they need people to write their content, update their blogs, craft special reports and so on. This option can enable you to work in your existing field, per se, and it can allow you to branch out to other interests, as well. If you want to get into writing as your new business venture, you will need to have some basic skills.
Beyond being able to string a sentence together, it will be necessary that you have a decent writing style, understand grammar and be able to handle the pressures of deadlines. Some of the options available to freelance writers include:
- Report writing.
- Public relations writing.
- Search Engine Optimization content creation.
- Technical writing.
Writing for a living can be an exciting and rewarding career choice. For work at home moms who can write, the possibilities are almost limitless.
BECOME A FREELANCE EDITOR
As a freelance editor you can work at home. Editors work with large companies or webmasters that need help proofreading the content they put on their websites. There are always people looking for editors to proof e-books, press release, sales letters and even content that is supply by multiple numbers of writers. Editor positions range in pay from $10 an hour to almost $40 an hour. This depends on the size of the project and the company or person who hires you. Freelance editors will do various duties, but most of the work is reviewing and editing articles and other documents.
It is not uncommon for an editor that works from home to have multiple clients. This way, you have a consistent flow of work.
You may also have different pay scales for each client. Not all clients offer the same amount of money, although you can negotiate the price before taking any project. Some moms work outside, at kids sporting events and even while waiting for the doctor appointment. This is the perfect job for someone that needs flexibility and has kids running around all day.
GRAPHIC DESIGN FROM HOME
Graphic designers are in great demand with today’s internet world. Businesses offline see graphics designers as a valued asset to their marketing and development needs. Online, this value is taken much more seriously. Every business online requires some form of graphic design for their site. Every marketer needs a graphic designer to aide in his or her marketing efforts and ad designs. The graphic designer helps to create the brand and maximize recollection properties for it. What is more impressive about the job is that it can be done from home.
Website developers need a graphic designer to help create unique designs for clients.
Bloggers need the services to help further the visibility of their blogs, and information.
With latterly millions of websites already online and hundreds more going up daily, the services of a graphic designer will always be in demand.
DATA ENTRY AND OTHER SIMILAR OPTIONS
Writing might not be your thing, but that does not mean you cannot put keyboarding skills to work for you. Data entry positions and other related jobs are always in high demand in freelancers and telecommuters.
Having a professional background can be a big boost for breaking into these fields, too. Your education background will give you a slight edge to who you can data clerk for, so it is worth mentioning twice. Some of the related fields to consider beyond data entry include:
- Medical billing.
- Medical transcription.
- Working as an online personal assistant.
- Billing agent.
SALES AND BEYOND
If your skills lie in sales, you will find a world of possibilities open to you. The reality is that selling is one of the easiest ways to get into a business, but it can be one of the hardest to succeed at. Still, if you are good at it, the sky will be the limit. Should sales sound good to you, related options include:
- Working as A Representative Big, established companies that sell house wares, cosmetics, and other similar products recruit salespeople all the time. In these cases, salespeople are independent contractors that set their own hours, work their own territories and so on. This can be a great way to enjoy “owning” a business without having to reinvent the wheel.
- Franchise Possibilities This is another great way to go if you do want to own your own business and reap all the rewards. Franchises can give your business instant recognition and the support you need to get off on the right footing.
- Other Possibilities. It is possible to turn a hobby into a business, create a product to produce and sell, launch a Web site and so on. These options can rely on the skills you already have or enable you to develop new ones to go on a different path entirely. Do not leave any stone upturned on this front if you want to do something entirely different.
After you are done here. Check out my eBook on, 50 Ways to Make Money From Home.